Welcome To Our Project Checklist
This section is for our clients who prefer a checklist for their project. To learn more about Rossi Paint Stores products, visit our Product Information Page below.
Step One - Space Preparation
The first step in any paint project is preparation of the space. Oftentimes, painters both new and experienced forget about this key step.
Proper preparation includes
- Plastic to cover valuables
- Drop Clothes to protect flooring
- Tape to ensure paint goes where you want
- Masks, Respirators and Painters Pants in case it gets messy.
Step Two - Surface Preperation
Step Three - Paint Applicators
Since we aren't finger-painting, an applicator will be needed. Ask yourself these questions:
- Do I need a brush for trim and a roller for larger surfaces?
- If I need a roller, do I need an extender to allow me to reach every part of the surface?
- Which type of brush will work for my project?
Step Four - Primers
For most projects, it is recommended that a Primer is used. Ask yourself these questions:
- Is my project interior or exterior?
- Will this project be subject to extreme conditions?
- What is the end goal for my project?
Visit our Primer section to find the best Primer for your project!
Step Five - Finish Coats
Now that we have prepared our space for the project, it's time to discuss the finish coat. Ask yourself these questions:
- What color best fits my project?
- Do I want a super premium, premium or wallet-friendly coating?
- What type of durability & sheen do I want my finish to have?
Visit our Product Information section to find and purchase the best finish coat for your project!